An article from CIO.com provides some interesting techniques on using the web for research.
1. Use Search Engines and Wikipedia to Find Quality Research Sources
2. Search Blogs for Specialized Experts Who Sift Through the Web for You
3. Study Business School Websites
4. Find Statistical Data on Government Sources
5. Research Trade Groups and Online Publications for Current Topics, Best Practices
6. Visit the Library for More Research Sources and Online Data"
More information on how to use these techniques are in the article. Check it out.
Ernster, the Virtual Library Cat
Above the Law - A Legal Tabloid - News, Gossip, and Colorful Commentary on Law Firms and the Legal Profession