Friday, July 18, 2014

We really do NEED that vacation

Yes, as a hard-working virtual cat, it may sound self-serving to claim I need a vacation, but prowling and napping really is hard work.

You don't need to take my word for it - check out the article in National Geographic The Vanishing Vacation: Why You Need a Break.   This article cites to research in the Journal of Applied Psychology, Recovery, well-being, and performance-related outcomes: the role of workload and vacation experiences (authentication may be required) as scientific support for the importance of vacation and how vacation can improve productivity.  Employers take note.

In the spirit of taking my own advice, I will be posting only sporadically throughout the Summer.  Enjoy your vacation.  I will be enjoying mine.

Ernster, the Virtual Library Cat

No comments: